It’s simple: this week, let’s be nice to each other.
The Student Wellness Project presents Random Acts of Kindness Week starting April 2nd and ending April 6th! At a stressful place like Columbia, we want to take the time to remind each other how much we care. Our goal is to spread cheer and love around campus, and we need your help.
Our request is that you take the time during this week to perform random acts of kindness to both your friends and strangers.
If you are a student group and would like to get involved, please contact us ASAP at email@example.com.
Here’s the official flyer, with a list of events!
Random Acts of Kindness Week: April 2nd-6th, 2012
MONDAY: SMILES AND HUGS
- 12-3 PM – SWP and GSSC are giving out free hugs on College Walk!
- 12-1 PM – the Barnard chemical society and MCaC are giving out liquid nitrogen ice cream on Lehman Lawn (Barnard).
- 8-9 PM – The Emerging Leaders Program presents the founder of The Happy Post Project, Mario Chamorro, who will be giving a talk on embracing happiness and thereby empowering yourself, followed by a Happy Post session where students answer “What makes you happy?” on Post-Its.
TUESDAY: FOOD DAY
- 11 AM – 3 PM – SWP will have a lemonade Stand outside of Butler with free lemonade, cookies, and apples.
- 5:30 PM – Bhakti club will host a free cooking class in the Broadway Lounge, with food served at 6.
- Camp Kesem will give out candy and well-wishing quotes in Butler library!
WEDNESDAY: MOTIVATION DAY
- 10:45 AM – Residential Programs, SDA, OCAE will host a one-song dance party to LMFAO’s Party Rock Anthem in Lerner 515.
- 11-1:30 PM – The Office of the University Chaplain will give out free root beer floats in front of Earl Hall (between Math and Lewisohn buildings)
- 1:30-2:30 PM – SUS-D hosts a free yoga class on the lawns!
- All day – SWP members will be handing out free “I want to CU well” wristbands on Lerner ramps as well as all over campus
Thursday: APPRECIATION DAY
- 11-3 PM – SWP will have a free Thank You card writing station (with delivery service to your friends in dorms) on Lerner ramps!
- 11 – 3 PM – free cupcakes from Student Affairs on Lerner ramps!
- 1:30-2:30 PM – Art of Living Club will host a free yoga session on the lawns!
- 3-5 PM – The SDA will dress up as characters from Alice and Wonderland, stroll around and hand out stress-relief dolls on Low Plaza.
FRIDAY: CREATIVE DAY
- Anything goes!
- Pay it forward and pass it on!
- Dean Valentini may send a yummy surprise to random dorms!
Please RSVP on Facebook!